1 Fort Lauderdale
News & Reviews
Here are the headlines for Friday, Sept. 27:
1. Friday morning will be mostly sunny and mild with temperatures in the upper 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Humidity will rise a bit today as the afternoon brings partly cloudy skies and isolated showers. Check Today’s Forecast.
2. If House Democrats press ahead with impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump, their case will rest in large part on the claim that he sought a foreign government’s help, with hundreds of millions of dollars in aid in the balance, to dig up dirt on a political opponent to boost his reelection campaign.
3. A Broward Sheriff’s deputy was found not guilty Thursday of falsifying a police report in the case of a teen’s rough arrest earlier this year. Deputy Ralph Mackey, 49, was charged with falsifying police records and conspiracy to falsify in the controversial arrest of 16-year-old Delucca Rolle.
4. A Tamarac commissioner was caught on camera at an awards ceremony confronting a Broward Sheriff’s deputy who had arrested him four years earlier.
5. The Christopher Columbus student accused of posting a school threat on the social media app “Tik Tok” is expected in court for a hearing. Police said he posted a video where he mentioned the Parkland school shooting and appeared to threaten other South Florida schools.
6. DoorDash is delivering bad news to millions of its customers and drivers: their data may have been accessed by hackers.