1 Fort Lauderdale
Local Search & News & Reviews
It’s Tuesday, Aug. 20 – here are the 6 Things to Know:
1. Undercover officers arrested a father and son accused of running a stolen boat operation in southwest Miami-Dade.
2. A mother said her 18-year-old son was shot Monday in Miami Gardens after she picked him up from school. Seconds after driving out of a grocery store near NW 27th Avenue and 172nd Street, the woman said a barrage of gunfire came through the passenger side of her car, where her son was sitting.
3. In Florida, if an elected official wants to change gun laws in their municipality, they could be ousted from office and fined — a rule Weston officials sued the state over.
4. Jeffrey Epstein signed a will just two days before he killed himself in jail, new court records show, opening a new legal front in what could be a long battle over the financier’s fortune.
5. Florida is on the verge of losing one of its most precious commodities. Already crippled by bleaching, dredging, pollution and storm damage, now our coral reefs are under assault from disease.
6. Partly sunny Tuesday morning skies with scattered showers and an occasional storm. Temperatures will be warm in the low 80 degrees Fahrenheit. In the afternoon, scattered showers and a few storms are forecast along with a beach breeze with highs in the low 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Check Today’s Forecast.