1 Fort Lauderdale
Local Search & News & Reviews
Somewhere, probably in South Florida, there’s a ticket from the Florida Lottery’s Fantasy 5 game that’s worth $46,151.01. If that ticket isn’t redeemed before Saturday, it’s worthless.
Winners have 180 days to redeem tickets, a time frame that will run out for the winning tickets in the June 26 drawing, when the 7-16-23-26-33 combination hit. The Florida Lottery announced Monday that a winning ticket worth $46,151.01, sold at Hialeah’s Suarez Liquors, 799 W. 29th St., remains unclaimed.
And this happens more than you’d think.
According to the Florida Lottery website’s online listing of Fantasy 5 winners, 2017 expired winning tickets include a $24,451 winner sold in Port Charlotte; a $44,684 winner sold in Palm Coast; a $100,958 winner sold in Lakeland; and a $227,100 ticket sold in St. Augustine.
The Florida Lottery’s Nidia Tew said 80 percent of the unclaimed money goes into the state’s Educational Enhancement Trust Fund and the other 20 percent into a pot for future prizes, including special promotions.
Fantasy 5 top prizes must be claimed at Florida Lottery Headquarters in Tallahassee or a Florida Lottery District Office. The southernmost district offices are in Miami Lakes, 14621 Oak Ln., 305-364-3080, and in West Palm Beach, 6965 Vista Parkway North, Unit 1, 561-640-6190.