1 Fort Lauderdale
Local Search & News & Reviews
Over a dozen employees of a Miami-Dade middle school were taken to the hospital after falling ill to what rescue crews said was a possible propane leak inside.
Crews responded to Miami Springs Middle School, located off Royal Poinciana Blvd., shortly after 11:30 a.m., where 14 employees were outside after the cafeteria was evacuated.
The adults complained of being nauseous, dizzy and experiencing fatigue. Miami-Dade County Public Schools said they were taken to the hospital, where their conditions are unknown, while no students were injured.
HazMat teams are investigating the scene and where the leak originated from.