1 Fort Lauderdale
Local Search & News & Reviews
Firefighters responded to Cleveland Clinic in Weston Thursday after a battery overheated and caused smoky conditions in a section of the hospital.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue responded after receiving a call of smoke conditions in the hospital’s MRI room on the first floor.
No injuries were reported. About a half dozen hospital personnel were relocated, but no evacuations were necessary, officials said.
The hospital stayed open and was fully functioning during the incident.