1 Fort Lauderdale
Local Search & News & Reviews
What to Know
A puppy was found severely burned on Sunday in South Florida.
The dog, now named Sunday, is being treated for third-degree burns.
Jamie’s Rescue, a local non-profit that has called for donations, is taking care of Sunday and her veterinary expenses.
A puppy sustained third-degree burns after someone poured boiling water or a chemical on her back, according to the local non-profit that is helping her.
The dog’s name is Sunday because she was found on Sunday by a police officer who took her to Jamie’s Rescue in Miami.
Sunday is only a few months old. In a Facebook post, Jamie’s Rescue said Sunday is a “very sweet” four-month-old puppy with “an amazing spirit.”
“It was pretty heartbreaking. Her spirit was so resilient. I mean you see her running around and she’s so happy,” Jamie Robinson, who founded the dog rescue group, said. “She’s such an amazing puppy that it gives you hope that whoever did this to her didn’t break her spirit.”
The organization is calling for donations as it costs thousands of dollars to treat Sunday’s injuries. Veterinary expenses for the group can cost thousands.
Robinson, who has been rescuing pets for at least 15 years, said it may have been acid that hurt Sunday.
“Someone they said either poured acid or some kind of chemical or boiling hot water,” she said. “It was undetermined but something that caused third-degree burns.”
Robinson has been rescuing pets for at least 15 years.
“It’s a labor of love. I just love what I’m doing. I feel like it makes a difference, it gives me a purpose and I see the rewards of rehabilitating these animals,” Robinson said.