1 Fort Lauderdale
Local Search & News & Reviews
A group of students became sick after ingesting some THC-laced candy at their Broward school Friday, officials said.
At least nine students became ill after ingesting the candy that had been brought to Renaissance Charter School at Cooper City, Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue officials said.
Eight of the students were taken to local hospitals, and all were in stable condition, officials said.
“Today, a student inadvertently brought this drug disguised as candy to school and shared it with friends. We immediately contacted EMS and law enforcement when we discovered the situation,” school spokesperson Colleen Reynolds said in a statement. “We would like to advise all parents to be aware of a THC-laced candy that is packaged nearly identically to a popular sour candy. This deceptive advertising package can put children at-risk and we want all parents to be aware of the potential impacts.”