Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman condemned the targeting of civilians and told US secretary of state they should work to end the ongoing fighting in Gaza.
During a meeting with Antony Blinken in Riyadh on Sunday, Prince Mohammed “affirmed the necessity of working to end the military operations that have killed innocents. . . and to respect international law including lifting the siege of Gaza,” the Saudi state news agency reported. He also condemned targeting civilians.
Blinken’s spokesman said that the secretary “highlighted the United States’ unwavering focus on halting terrorist attacks by Hamas, securing the release of all hostages, and preventing the conflict from spreading.”
Before the conflict broke out last weekend, Saudi Arabia had been in talks with Israel and the US for a deal that could have seen it normalize relations with the Jewish state.